Living the Dream
How many times have you thought about what your life would be like in “a perfect world?” Life at Tradition takes you as close to perfection as you can get. This special spot is a place where homeowners become neighbors and everyday life becomes extraordinary. Life at Tradition satisfies a full menu of the must-haves, desires and dreams in your profile of the ideal place to live, thrive and enjoy.
Our founder, Joseph C. Canizaro, has been a patron of the arts and avid collector for many years. His goal for Tradition is to showcase works of art and sculptures of all types and sizes, several of which are on display in the town. Activities on the Tradition calendar often include seminars, lectures and performances. Local artists are also invited to showcase their work in the Tradition Sales Center, and the Village Institute partners with local schools like St. Patrick Catholic High School and the art department at William Carey University on various projects.
Neighborhood parks, trails and pathways, along with pedestrian-friendly sidewalks, make your daily focus on healthy living easy to implement. The simplistic natural beauty of the area makes it easy for you to enjoy the outdoors and adopt a healthier lifestyle.
Amenities also include:
- Spring-fed lake with fountain, ideal for fishing
- 25-yard, five-lane outdoor pool
- Three neighborhood parks
- 1.5-mile walking/biking trail
- Convenient neighborhood sidewalks
- Tradition Family YMCA and its full-service fitness center
- Nearby: DeSoto National Forest with scenic hiking, biking and equestrian trails
- Nearby: Grand Bear Golf Course, an 18-hole, par 72 course designed by Jack Nicklaus that was recently ranked #1 in Mississippi by Golf Digest Magazine
- test add
A full spectrum of educational facilities and programs are within minutes of Tradition, including:
- Harrison County Public School District: North Woolmarket Elementary and Middle School, grades K-8; D’Iberville High School, grades 9-12. These schools are conveniently located along the new Highway 67.
- St. Patrick Catholic High School, named one of the top 50 Catholic High Schools in the U.S., grades 7-12. Future plans include the addition of a parochial elementary school and Catholic Church.
- William Carey University – Tradition Campus: undergraduate and masters degree programs in the liberal arts, business, communications, education, science, psychology, nursing, religion, theater, graphic arts and music.
Tradition is located about 15 minutes from the Mississippi Gulf Coast and the Biloxi / Gulfport Beaches that offer jet skiing, parasailing, volleyball, boat cruises, paddle sports, and more.
Excellent malls, an outlet center, an arts district, boutiques, antique stores, and quaint downtown area all along the coastline, make this area a true destination for shoppers around the region and throughout the state.
Enjoy some of the nation’s finest championship golf courses, fine dining and buffets, spas, top-name entertainment and gaming.
Deep Sea and Freshwater Fishing
Mississippi’s temperate climate and wealth of excellent facilities make the Gulf Coast a golfing destination unlike anywhere else America.